Tuesday, November 17, 2009

[NaNoWriMo] Day #18

30,453. Had a writing jag of nearly 3,000 words in the past two hours - yes! Introducing Harry Breadon to the brew - although I had no intention of doing any such thing three hours ago. Apparently, the plot has begun to morph slightly - now necessitating Breadon and Anne's older brother, Charles, to show up. And causing Anne's brother Achilles to become a sister. Which is good, since I had no idea what to do with him. I will have to do some heavy revising in January.

I greatly enjoyed the verbal wrangling between Harry and his father, Sir Nigel. I even managed to make my Mom laugh over the phone as I read a few lines to her ;) Major victory there. This more than makes up for the last couple of days whereby I discovered I could, indeed, pull blood from a stone.

I also finished Heyer's Black Sheep. Miles Calverleigh is AMAZING. I might have stolen some of his irreverence for Harry - although nothing more. I wanted to get more Heyer from eNYPL, but apparently they only have the one book available - with a waiting list of 100s for the paper copies. *sigh*


1 comment: