Wednesday, July 29, 2009

[Lameness Factory] Walking with the Ghost

I'm super lame, yes.

But in the three hours since I posted Chapter 5 of my bastardization of Stephenie Meyer's New Moon (today), I have had 150 unique reads.

And no one's even taken their clothes off yet. Which, I'll admit, is very unusual for one of my stories.

Between the two sites upon which I have dropped my very first Fanfic, I have had just over 1000 reads in the last two weeks.

So despite the fact that I am lame (I know), drink far too much tea sans bubbles and am patiently waiting for the Zombie Apocalypse, apparently I am able to string together a few coherent sentences that people are reading and get. (Of course, my grammar/punctuation prolly still sucks ass, so thank goodness for Open Office). Of the non-scholarly variety. Huzzah!

But don't take my word for it:

Z
2009-07-28 . chapter 2
Wow. I mean, wow. I'm already hooked. I don't care what happens, I don't care if you kill off all your characters or make them wear tutus or make them break out in random crap songs. Your writing is so enthralling that I'll follow it anywhere you lead. Please keep it coming.

k.o.
2009-07-27 . chapter 2
Your writing is fierce. It is haunted with the type of emotions that border on insanity. Unrequited love is so brutal, and you express it through Jake so well. He is believable. I have always liked him better than any of Myer's other characters because he isn't flat. You have taken his internal conflict and made it more mature, laced with a level of pain that reminds me of all that is wonderous and horrifying about love. I cannot wait for you to update. HURRY!

vXXXX
2009-07-27 . chapter 1
This is so awesomely written. I love your writing so much, and I can tell that this is going to be a really good story. I can't wait until you update again. Oh by the way I want to tell you that just in this single chapter I can see that you are a very talented writer. Keep up the good work! (sits impatiently waiting...biting fingernails...on the edge of my seat)

Where can these amusements be found?

Walking with the Ghost or
Walking with the Ghost

No comments:

Post a Comment